.

THE CULTURAL GOOFBALLS ON WHICH I AM CURRENTLY HOPPED UP

Thursday, October 7, 2010

YOUR ANIMAL





The exquisite but now sadly defunct Your Animal are regrouping (with Liam from My Disco subbing for Jarrad on the bass) to do one last show before Monty knocks out a kid (or dies or moves to yugoslavia or something like that, i forget which). They did a weird kind of dark Twin Peaksy doom laden vocal group sound that really got to me, and theres a little hole in my heart now that they're gone. I always knew they probably wouldn't last that long so i savoured each performance and recorded a few from out in the crowd. Heres some videos from an early gig at the old bar:





And here's some audio from their last gig at The Old Bar.

"Joey the Pouch Rider"

"You Never Hurt The One you Love"

"Baby It's You"


The final gig (for some time anyway) is in the wonderful cellar of the Grace Darling Hotel on smith st, next Sat the 16th of October, with Sophie Brous, Clairy Brown and Amy Wild Horses on the DJ'ing. I'll see you down there...

No comments:

Post a Comment