.

THE CULTURAL GOOFBALLS ON WHICH I AM CURRENTLY HOPPED UP

Thursday, July 25, 2013

DREDD (Pete Travis, 2012)


I didn't even know there was a new Judge Dredd movie until last night, but I can tell you now it's the best piece of B-Movie schlock i've seen since Hobo With A Shotgun!

It's real brutal and splattery and one of those great occasions where it's not in the least bit "arty", but just about every shot is really great and the whole look is slick as hell while still looking really cheap and crummy, knamean? One of the best parts is that everybody is doing a drug called "slo mo" that makes time slow down, so there's heaps of really cool slo mo shots of water splashing and cars flipping and people heads exploding and shit. It's pretty fuckin awesome.

I didn't see it in 3-D but I sure would like to...




No comments:

Post a Comment