.

THE CULTURAL GOOFBALLS ON WHICH I AM CURRENTLY HOPPED UP

Thursday, August 29, 2013

OTIS CLAY, GODDAMN...



I was out playing a bunch of records to nobody this evening, and when Otis Clay's "The Woman Don't Live Here No More" came out of the box i was suddenly overcome with some great spasm of emotional feeling that made me want to testify about the greatness of Otis Clay. It not as if he doesn't get his due amongst soul fans, but I feel as if guys like him can NEVER  really get the credit they deserve. The Chicago stuff on One-Der-Ful is just unapproachable, but his Hi and Cotillion and Dakar stuff is fantastic too, and i'm sure his early gospel stuff and even the records he makes now are probably pretty great in there own way. He performs quite a lot to this day, I wish i could tell you i'd seen him myself but from what i've heard he's still just unbelievable.

Here's a bunch of my faves...




No comments:

Post a Comment