.

THE CULTURAL GOOFBALLS ON WHICH I AM CURRENTLY HOPPED UP

Sunday, June 17, 2012

DAS BOOT directors cut (Wolfgang Petersen, 1981)


Jesus Christ. I think I should be able to apply for some kind of post traumatic stress syndrome pension after watching this thing at The Astor last night. What a fucking movie. I generally have a rule, if i'm watching a movie and I don't like it after half an hour, I turn it off. But if it's a German movie, I only give it fifteen minutes. Well this went for three and a half hours and I was engrossed all the way. Great acting, excellent photography, pathos, it's all there! I love the way it become so much about THE BOAT too, the captain might be extremely jaded with the regime but he still loves his U-Boat! What a boat she is! Great one to see at The Astor too, seeing these amazing nice grainy 'through the periscope' shots on the giant Astor screen in 35mm had me dribbling all over myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment