.

THE CULTURAL GOOFBALLS ON WHICH I AM CURRENTLY HOPPED UP

Thursday, September 13, 2012

MOONRISE KINGDOM (Wes Anderson, 2012)


It would be very easy to look at this and say "geez, all this cutesy faux vintage crap that cunts love these days...". We'll call me a 'cunt these days', cause I just lurved it!

This guys movies are all kind of unashamedly the same, and that last one with the three handsome dudes on the train in India pushed it a bit too far for me (I seem to remember some slow mo shot of the cool guy walking through the Indian village to a Rolling Stones song making me vomit), but like that third bear's porridge this one gets it juuuuuuust riiiiiiiiiiight. It's funny and it's romantic and the actors and the characters are all great (dagnabit I actually cared about them!), and I just can't help but go ooooooh at that sumptuous story book production design and nice long camera pans. They look niiiiiiiiiiice.





No comments:

Post a Comment