.

THE CULTURAL GOOFBALLS ON WHICH I AM CURRENTLY HOPPED UP

Friday, January 17, 2014

The Kavaliers - Get That Communist, Joe (Republic, 1954)



Have a posted this already? I don't know. it's too hot. Anyway, since i discovered this thing a few months back I've been singing it every day. the lyrics are just pure genius. Rhyming progaganda with meander. And calling the guy "a most revolting character". I take my hat off to you, Weinman and Dorney...

LYRICS/TRANSCRIPTION:
Get That Communist, Joe: The Kavaliers [1954]

Joe, come here a minute
I get a red hot tip for you, Joe

See that guy with the red suspenders
Driving that car with the bright red fenders
I know he's one of those heavy spenders
Get that Communist Joe

He's fillin' my gal with propaganda
And I'm scared she will meander
Don't want to take a chance that he'll land her
Get that Communist Joe

He's a most revolting character
And the fellas hate him so
But with the girls this character
Is a Comrade Romeo

Since my love he's sabotaging
And the law he has been dodging
Give him what he deserves, jailhouse lodging
Get that Communist Joe (Get that Shmo, Joe)

Have a listen here:



And read the full lowdown here

http://www.atomicplatters.com/comments.php?id=32_0_1_0_C

No comments:

Post a Comment