.

THE CULTURAL GOOFBALLS ON WHICH I AM CURRENTLY HOPPED UP

Thursday, September 25, 2014

ARTHUR PRYSOCK - I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT (Verve, 1968)




My god i am just melting in my own personal orgy of pleasure with this song. The swinging spy movie arrangement (oh that insouciant flute fill) and Arthur's knowing baritone singing these preposterous smooth cad lyrics that just get better and better as the song goes on, it's all just too much. By the time he gets to "I'm just a rebel with a rage for living, lot's of things I do ain't allowed", my smile has wrapped around my whole head and i have to start the song again.

Arthur was singing professionally since the second world war and was still having hits in the disco era. You could swear he came out of the womb looking like this...




No comments:

Post a Comment